As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Without Any Extra Cost to You!
Because roses are heavy feeders, fertilizer is a vital element of rose care. Make sure to fertilize regularly. You should fertilize your roses regularly if you want to see their glossy leaves and vibrant flowers.
You should keep in mind that too much nitrogen will lead to excessive foliage and fewer blooms. A lack of nitrogen will cause yellowing leaves, stunted growth, and smaller blooms.
Roses can be sensitive to fertilizers while young. Still, sufficient nutrition supports growing roots and helps create new roses throughout time, so you must use the right fertilizer to meet their needs. But what is the best fertilizer for roses and which nutrients should be in those fertilizers is fundamental.
So, let’s start with the question: What nutrients should be in the fertilizer, and what should be remembered when buying?
Without phosphorus, it can cause leaf drops, weak flower stems, and closed buds. Phosphorus promotes healthy root development and large flower production, and nitrogen promotes leaf growth that is strong and healthy.
Because a rose’s power to produce flowers is housed in its leaves, nitrogen makes healthy foliage, increasing the number of blooms.
Potassium, commonly known as potash, aids in the recovery of roses that have been damaged by insects, diseases, or harsh weather conditions. Potassium deficiency can cause yellowing of the leaf margins, brittle flower stalks, and underdeveloped buds.
Macronutrients include magnesium, calcium, boron, zinc, sulfur, copper, manganese, and iron is also necessary to thrive well in a rose.
But all constituents should be in balance; thus, examine fertilizers NPK ratio, which displays the percentage of its volume provided to nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Generally, an N-P-K ratio of 1-1-1 is advised for roses.
Now, my friend, we are just getting started. We will show you some of the best and suitable fertilizers to help your geranium get more healthy.
- 9 Best Fertilizer for Roses
- Best Fertilizer for Roses
- 1. Miracle-Gro Shake ‘n Rose and Bloom plant food
- 2. Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer
- 3. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Rose Plant Food
- 4. Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food
- 5. Dr. Earth GL61100518430 Fertilizer
- 6. Scotts Rose & Bloom Continuous Release Plant Food
- 7. Down to Earth Organic Rose & Flower Fertilizer
- 8. Espoma HT18 Holly Tone Fertilizer
- 9. BioAdvanced Rose & Flower
- Final Word
9 Best Fertilizer for Roses
We have listed the top best products that are available on the market. You can easily choose the best product from the list of fertilizers at a glance.
So go through the list, and you’ll find the information in detail in this article.
Best Fertilizer for Roses
|Preview||Products||Key Features||Check Price|
|Miracle-Gro Shake 'n Feed Rose and Bloom Plant Food - Promotes More Blooms and Spectacular Colors (vs. Unfed Plants), Feeds Roses and Flowering Plants for up to...||Check Price|
|Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer with Biozome, 4 pound bag||Check Price|
|Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Rose Plant Food, 1.5 lb||Check Price|
|Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus Outdoor & Indoor, 8 lbs||Check Price|
|Dr. Earth GL61100518430 Fertilizer & Soil 707P Organic 8 Bud & Bloom Fertilizer in Poly Bag, 4-Pound, 4 lb, Natural||Check Price|
|Scotts Rose & Bloom Continuous Release Plant Food, 3 lb||Check Price|
|Down to Earth Organic Rose & Flower Fertilizer Mix 4-8-4, 5 lb||Check Price|
|Espoma HT18 Holly Tone, 18-Pound||Check Price|
|BioAdvanced 701210A 2 in 1 Rose & Flower Care 8-12-4 IMID Bonus 10lb, 10-Pound, Brown/A||Check Price|
1. Miracle-Gro Shake ‘n Rose and Bloom plant food
Miracle-Gro is a household name in gardening for a reason. It’s easy to find their products in stores, and they deliver on their promises every time.
There are no synthetic ingredients in this composition. By converting it into nutrients that soil microbes can use, organic matter helps grow stronger.
This has the advantage of improving water efficiency. No matter how many days you miss, your plants will still get an adequate supply of nutrients and water.
It’s a long-term fertilizer that feeds your plants slowly over three months. It contains a 10-18-9 NPK formula with a higher phosphorus content to help your plants bloom. It also aids in the breakdown of natural components by bacteria into nutrients, which supports the strength and development of roots for higher water intake.
However, suppose you’re or want to be an organic gardener. In that case, this isn’t the ideal solution for you because this synthetic fertilizer contains natural elements.
The results are more pleasant root growth, more vigorous plants, and larger, better foliage and blooms. This product can be used on both existing roses and fresh ones in your garden, making it even more helpful.
- Fertilizer with a slow rate of release.
- Roses can be fed with this for up to three months before they need to be replaced.
- The process of using it is simple.
- It doesn’t have an unpleasant odor.
- There’s no reason to mix it up.
- You may only use this service four times per year.
- Formula with a delayed onset of action.
The things that might be bothering you: Bonemeal gives it a pleasant scent for dogs, and too much of it might harm plants if applied excessively.
2. Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer
As one of the most trusted names in organic fertilizer, Jobe’s Organics Flower is also listed by the USDA on OMRI for organic gardening.
To make it even easier to use, this granular fertilizer has been grafted by Jobe’s Organics. This powdered fertilizer is also designed to release slowly, reducing the danger of fertilizer burn.
This product has Jobe’s Biozome, which is a nice feature. This helps to break down material quickly, so your flowers look better quicker. However, suppose you use a certified organic product like Jobe’s Organic. In that case, you may relax knowing that no harmful chemicals were used to produce your garden.
With Biozome, which contains Archaea, the product’s N-P-K level is raised to 3-5-3. This aids in the rapid breakdown of organic matter and minerals in the soil, making it easier for roots to absorb.
The nitrogen content is 3%, the phosphorus content is 5%, and the potassium content is 3%. Hence, it is t used to be a multipurpose fertilizer. The fertilizer is most effective when used at planting and then every six weeks afterward.
Using this fertilizer can help keep your soil healthy by protecting it from various pests and illnesses. It also contains a chemical to keep your flowers safe from disease, insects, and even drought. As a result of this, your plants will be able to thrive even under situations similar to drought.
- With an NPK ratio of 3-5-3, it has a high phosphorus concentration.
- Pets and children are welcome here.
- OMRI has granted its seal of approval (Organic Materials Review Institute).
- Biozome technology is included in this product.
- Every pack includes a pre-measured spike to make measurement a breeze.
- The granular formulation has a slow-release mechanism.
- The fertilizer is not getting burnt.
The things that might bother you: Attracts flying insects, so it’s best used outside gardening instead of indoors.
3. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Rose Plant Food
Rose Plant Food by Miracle-Gro is another excellent fertilizer. Water-soluble fertilizer that encourages rose plants to quickly absorb nutrients.
The main ingredients are potassium phosphate, ammonium sulfate, urea, copper sulfate, iron, manganese, and zinc sulfate. It’s versatile enough to be utilized with both indoor and outdoor plants.
Miracle-Gro also includes a concentrated formula with a 24-8-16 ratio of 24 percent nitrogen, 8 percent phosphorus, and 16 percent potassium. After applying the water-soluble granules to the base of your plants, you’ll observe rapid growth in as little as 10 days.
You should feed your rose plant Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Rose Plant Food on a weekly or biweekly basis, and it will not burn if used as indicated.
This fertilizer enough and more quickly and promotes faster plant development than other fertilizers. However, keep in mind that you must feed your plants every one to two weeks throughout the growing season. In return, you’ll get speedy results, vigorous growth, and lush leaves.
Because it’s inorganic, you should use an organic fertilizer if you have children or dogs who could contact the plant as a result of using this fertilizer.
- Very simple to use when watering, with clear directions.
- All the nutrients your roses need to thrive are included in this mix.
- Resulting in flowers that are both larger and more beautiful.
- This method is ideal for young, delicate plants.
- Because it’s water-soluble over fertilizer, burn gets the job done faster and promotes faster growth.
- Roses need simple nutrients.
The things that might be bothering you: Overwatering or underwatering with this fertilizer can cause damage to the roots.
4. Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food
Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus is safe to use on many plants, including flowers, fruits, vegetables, trees, and shrubs. It can be used both indoors and outdoors because it grows well in a variety of environments. This product guarantees not to burn your plants when used according to the instructions.
With magnesium at 1.3 percent, sulfur at 6.0%, boric acid at 0.02 percent, copper at 0.5%, iron at 0.46 percent, manganese at 0.6%, molybdenum at 0.02%, and zinc at 0.5%, this fertilizer provides the vital minerals needed by the flowering plant.
Other than that, the no-burn composition in the fertilizer allows you to use the solution for summer-grown plants without any problems. This product aims to nourish and improve the root as well as healthy development above the soil.
Finally, thanks to the powdered plant food’s slow-release design, you only have to use it once every six months. One application of this plant food can last up to six months, ideal for gardeners who are prone to forgetting.
This fertilizer applying process is simple. You can either sprinkle the granules on top of the soil and then water them in, or mix 1 scoop of granules with 2 gallons of water in a watering can.
- The fertilizer can be mixed in a watering can or applied directly to the soil.
- Slow-release granules with a resin coating and a semi-permeable porosity.
- Designed to work with any plant kind, in any environment.
- Plants can be fed for up to 6 months with just one application.
- Potted plants can be used both indoors and outdoors using this container.
- It has a 15-9-12 mineral blend in it, as well as 11 other necessary nutrients.
- No-burn promise when used according to the instructions.
The things that might be bothering you: The only thing to remember is that after the nutrients are supplied to the plants, the pellets containing the nutrients will not dissolve.
5. Dr. Earth GL61100518430 Fertilizer
Dr. Earth is a high-quality organic fertilizer commonly used in agriculture, particularly flower farming. This type of fertilizer encourages blossoming, which results in larger flowers when harvested.
Dr. Earth is environmentally sustainable and safe for human consumption because it is made entirely of organic ingredients. As a result, you can confidently use them to fertilize interior plants, especially locations where the family resides.
In this recipe, alfalfa and soft rock phosphate are mixed with fish bones, feather meal, and mined potassium sulfate. The mixture is incredibly nourishing for all kinds of plants, and they’re pretty simple to dissolve and will provide nearly a year’s worth of food for your plants.
Dr. Earth Fertilizer also has a unique blend of fishbone meals, feather meals, alfalfa meals, soft pebbles, mined potassium, and phosphate. These enhance the soil’s health and provide the best circumstances for blooming plants’ growth.
Since this fertilizer contains no GMOs or other potentially harmful chemicals, you can feel confident purchasing it without worrying about it harming your plants.
- GMOs aren’t present in this product.
- Only food-grade components are used in the creation of this dish.
- Order online and pick up your order whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Includes a user’s manual.
- Last for a long time.
- Probiotics and helpful microorganisms are included in this supplement.
The things that might bother you: It smells terrible and has an unpleasant odor.
6. Scotts Rose & Bloom Continuous Release Plant Food
This Scotts Rose & Bloom fertilizer will give your roses an extra boost during the growing season. This particular fertilizer works by slowly releasing nutrients to your roses. Over two months, this fertilizer will feed them the nutrition when they require it to thrive.
It’s simple to use; just pour some on top of the ground. Suppose your annual or perennial garden includes other flowering plants. In that case, you can spread the fertilizer about the soil by pouring it into the top 1-3 inches of soil or mulch, if desired.
Because the formula is so safe, you can put your complete faith in the company. Phosphorus is available in the fertilizer, which aids in producing high-quality blooms by keeping the plants well-fed.
If your garden has a wide variety of plants, not just roses, you’ll appreciate its adaptability. Also, if you’d don’t want to spend a lot of money on different types of rose fertilizer.
The best aspect is that it can be administered right from the bag by pouring it in, and remember to look at the instructions on the back. However, loosely mixing the mixture into the soil is more appropriate and will yield better results. On the other hand, you only need a cup for 30 square feet of space, making it highly cost-effective.
- Simple to mix with water. Easily absorbed.
- After only a few weeks of use, instant feeding shows impressive outcomes.
- It can be applied to a wide range of plants.
- This is an entirely risk-free product.
- Phosphorus is abundantly present.
- It can be put in containers or on the ground.
- Avoid setting fire to your plants.
- It’s great for all kinds of plants, but especially for roses.
The things that might be bothering you: It has to be used every week. Therefore it’s not the best option if you don’t have the time to do so.
7. Down to Earth Organic Rose & Flower Fertilizer
For roses, the Down to Earth organic rose and flower fertilizer mix is the best option. This chemical-free organic fertilizer is good for the environment because it doesn’t include any harmful chemicals. In addition, it’ll help your roses grow bigger and healthier because of the added nutrition it provides.
The Rose & Flower mix’s NPK ratio is 4-8-4, making it the best fertilizer for producing gorgeous blooms with vibrant colors and pleasant scents. It’s loaded with nutrients like nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, as well as traces of other minerals, which promote rapid plant growth.
More phosphorus is critical for flower plants. Since this flower fertilizer has a high proportion of the nutrient in it, you can expect to see more blooms as a result of using it.
Some of the ingredients in this fertilizer are beneficial to the soil, so it’s a win-win situation. Some of the ingredients in the mix include fish bone meal, blood meal, langbeinite, rock mealdue to, kelp meal, and humates. These organic materials will be incorporated into the soil and provide soil microbes with food that they can process.
It is safe to use organic fertilizers around children and pets because they are organic. Though, unlike synthetic fertilizers, it won’t cause your plants any damage or even kill them. This fertilizer is not sensitive to new plants, so you can use it when planting fresh flowers without worrying.
- The extra phosphorus will produce vibrant flowers.
- Recyclable cardboard box.
- Organic fertilizer is recognized by the OMRI as a source of nutrients.
- Flower fertilizer that can be applied at any time of year as a stand-alone product.
- Fish meal, alfalfa meal, kelp, and blood meal are included in the recipe.
- Fishbone meal and rock phosphate are among the organic ingredients found in this blend.
- It’s also great for bulbs, other flowers, and even edibles like herbs and vegetables.
The things that might be bothering you: Because the ingredients will attract dogs, so it’s best to bury it about an inch deep.
8. Espoma HT18 Holly Tone Fertilizer
Espoma HT 18 holly tone is one of the most excellent fertilizers for rose flowers. People also use this food for blueberries in their own garden to achieve the best quality.
Especially skilled gardeners and planters can use this fertilizer to prepare their soil for blueberry cultivation. Feather, poultry, bone, and greens all release nitrogen slowly when combined with the fertilizer.
This organic fertilizer has an NPK ratio of 4-3-4 and is available in an organic form. There is enough nitrogen, phosphate, and potassium in the soil to meet the blueberry plant’s basic nutritional requirements.
It also contains 5% sulfur, 3% calcium, and 1% magnesium, which feeds a plant’s holy grail. Feather, bone, alfalfa, poultry manure, greensand, sulfate of potash magnesia, and sulfur are all-natural constituents in this fertilizer.
Nitrogen that is water-soluble will nourishes your hungry plant immediately. In contrast, water-insoluble nitrogen releases nutrients more slowly yet continually feed your plant without burning it. On the other hand, aids in the soil’s ability to maintain a lower pH for longer.
- Slow-release formula.
- Long-lasting product.
- Promotes the proliferation of beneficial microbes.
- Protects plants against several diseases.
- Contains soluble and insoluble Nitrogen.
- Does not require repeated applications.
- Organic ingredients are included.
- Contains Proprietary Bio-Tone.
The things that might be bothering you: Proper usage instructions are not available on the product package.
9. BioAdvanced Rose & Flower
Three products in one, BioAdvanced All-in-One Rose and Flower Care Granules, make your life easier. With each application, this solution gives you rainproof protection for up to 6 weeks while fertilizing roses and feeding them with multiple nutrients.
Its NPK level of 6-9-6 fills a phosphorus gap, allowing the plant to develop strong roots and produce more flowers. Pest and disease management is improved by using it as a fertilizer for roses. Phosphate and tebuconazole are included as well as essential minerals.
Tebuconazole is a systemic fungicide that is effective on many plants, including those used in landscaping and farming. It is absorbed from the soil and protects it from diseases by staying in the plant system.
Another benefit is that it keeps insects such as aphids and lace bugs and leaf beetles, and mealybugs away from your plants.
Internalized by the plant’s root system, this fertilizer provides protection from the inside out, and rain or irrigation will not be able to wash it away. As a result, you’ll be stress-free when using the goods.
- Phosphate and tebuconazole are among the other components in this supplement.
- Gardeners and acid-loving plants will appreciate this product because it is specially made for them.
- Rose plant care that’s all-in-one.
- There isn’t a significant chemical smell about it.
- Controls disease and insects by strengthening the roots and encouraging blossoming.
- Destroys dangerous insects to a great extent.
- It’s a big one.
The things that might be bothering you: The plant could be injured or destroyed if the recommended application method is not followed.
- Question: Why is fertilizer necessary in planting?
Answer: The world’s crops, like ourselves, rely on crucial minerals and nutrients for strong, healthy growth. Crops consume the soil of nutrients, which fertilizers provide. Crop production and agricultural output would suffer dramatically if fertilizers were not used.
- Question: What is a good NPK ratio?
Answer: Keep in mind that the number of existing soil nutrients must be considered while calculating this. Many soils already have an adequate amount of phosphate. Thus additional fertilizer isn’t necessary. Potassium levels in your soil may be appropriate as well. A 3-1-2 NPK ratio is ideal for your garden, pots, and indoor plants.
- Question: How do I make my geranium bushy?
Answer: A geranium needs to be clipped firmly at least once a year to keep it compact and bushy and to avoid it becoming lanky. The more often you prune your geranium, the better it will preserve its attractive form.
- Question: What kind of fertilizer makes flowers bloom?
Answer: Use a fertilizer with a low nitrogen content, a high phosphorus content, and a small amount of potassium to increase floral bud formation. I recently bought a liquid fertilizer with nutrient analysis of 5-30-5, perfect for flower production.
- Question: How do you increase the production of a flower?
Answer: The flowering stage is the most critical for providing CO2 to your growing environment. CO2 can help jump-start floral production and increase blossom size by as much as 300% in the first 2-3 weeks of flowering. If you want your plants to thrive, use Exhale CO2 bags to naturally supply them with more CO2.
Most of the fertilizers on our list of the 9 best rose fertilizers are organic these days. Most gardeners want a fertilizer that contains all the specific nutrients needed by roses, and this one delivers on both measures.
Whether you’re a dedicated specialist rose grower or a sunny weather gardener looking for easy fertilize-and-forget rose food, our collection has something for you.
But before choosing, we advise getting your soil tested first before deciding on organic or synthetic fertilizer and what type of NPK mix you require. As a result, think about the N-P-K ratio of your trees’ nutritional needs.