As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Without Any Extra Cost to You!
Ficus lyrata, often known as the fiddle-leaf fig, is a flowering plant in the Moraceae family of mulberries and figs. Fiddle Leaf Figs require a lot of natural light and thrive when put just in front of a window. The afternoon light from a south or west-facing window may be too intense and may burn the leaves. Therefore it will prefer an east-facing, bright window. Water well once a week, allowing the top several inches of soil to dry before rewatering.
In this article, we will show you the Best Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer, so without wasting time, look at the list and buy what you like most.
So, let’s start with the question: What should be considered before buying a Fertilizer for Fiddle Leaf Fig?
An NPK ratio of 3:1:2 is required for fiddle leaf figs. This mixture is the most effective for these plants, allowing them to grow larger.
For example, a 10-10-10 fertilizer has 10% nitrogen, 10% phosphorus, and 10% potassium. A fiddle leaf fig plant’s NPK ratio should be 3-1-2. This plant feeding composition enables the fiddle leaf fig to maintain and develop new leaves.
Fertilize your fig trees once in the spring and fall using a well-balanced delayed-release fertilizer, such as formula 10-10-10 or 8-8-8.
While this may make fertilizing Fiddle Leaf Fig a little more complex, it will All-Naturalensure that the soil pH and nutrient combination are appropriate.
To avoid overfeeding your plant, dilute the fertilizer.
Now, my friend, we are just getting started.
- 8 Best Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer for 2021: Review and Buying Guide
- Best Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer
- 1. Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer
- 2. Jobe’s Organics 9364 Fertilizer
- 3. EarthPods Premium Hibiscus & Tropical Flower Plant Food
- 4. Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus Outdoor & Indoor
- 5. Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Plant Food Spikes
- 6. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Plant Food
- Main Features
- 7. Dr. Earth 703P Organic 4 Azalea/Camellia/Rhododendron Acid Fertilizer in Poly Bag
- Main Features
- 8. Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Fertilizer
- Final Word
8 Best Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer for 2021: Review and Buying Guide
We have listed the 8 Best available on the market in this table. So go through the table list, and you’ll find information about them in detail in this article.
Best Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer
|Fiddle Leaf Fig Fertilizer||Specification||Check Price On|
|Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer|
|Jobe’s Organics 9364 Fertilizer|
|EarthPods Premium Hibiscus & Tropical Flower Plant Food|
|Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus Outdoor & Indoor|
|Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Plant Food Spikes|
|Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Plant Food|
|Dr. Earth 703P Organic 4 Azalea/Camellia/Rhododendron Acid Fertilizer in Poly Bag|
|Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Fertilizer|
1. Jobe’s 09423 Organics Flower & Rose Granular Fertilizer
Jobe’s Organics Flower is also rated by the USDA on OMRI for organic gardening as one of the most reputable names in organic fertilizer.
Jobe’s Organics has grafted this granular fertilizer to make it even easier to use. This powdered fertilizer is also engineered to release gradually, lowering the risk of fertilizer burn.
Jobe’s Biozome is a wonderful feature of this product. This aids in the breakdown of material, allowing your flowers to appear better faster. Assume, however, that you use a certified organic product, such as Jobe’s Organic. In that scenario, you may be certain that no hazardous chemicals were utilized in the production of your garden.
Biozome, which contains Archaea, raises the product’s N-P-K level to 3-5-3. This promotes the fast decomposition of organic materials and minerals in the soil, allowing roots to absorb more easily.
The nitrogen concentration is 3 percent, the phosphorus amount is 5%, and the potassium content is 3%. As a result, it is utilized as a multifunctional fertilizer. The fertilizer is most effective when used at planting and then every six weeks thereafter.
This fertilizer can help keep your soil healthy by preventing it from pests and diseases. It also has a chemical that protects your flowers from disease, insects, and even drought. As a consequence, your plants will be able to flourish even under drought-like conditions.
- With an NPK ratio of 3-5-3, it has a high phosphorus concentration.
- Pets and children are welcome here.
- OMRI has granted its seal of approval (Organic Materials Review Institute).
- Biozome technology is included in this product.
- Every pack includes a pre-measured spike to make measurement a breeze.
- The granular formulation has a slow-release mechanism.
- The fertilizer is not getting burnt.
The things that might bother you: Are that it attracts flying insects, so it’s best used outside gardening instead of indoors.
2. Jobe’s Organics 9364 Fertilizer
Jobe’s Organics Fertilizer 9364 immediately provides moisture and nutrients to your Flowers. Because no pesticides are used, it is also certified as organic farming. Pink flowers may become blue if this soil acidifier or additive is used.
However, we highly recommend that the pH of the soil be tested before to treatment. If your soil has a low pH, this might explain why your hydrangea is struggling. Assume you want to learn how to make Flowers pink. In such a case, this natural treatment will maintain it robust and vivid throughout the season.
Its one-of-a-kind formula provides sulfur to acid-loving plants, which is a natural component necessary to balance alkaline soils. This boosts the health of your plant and promotes the development of more stunning and brilliant blue flowers.
Please keep in mind that you should conduct a soil test before applying this acidifier. It is naturally easier to accomplish after rain since the soil is softer than before. Irrigation can also be utilized to keep the soil wet and pliable.
- Item Weight 6 Pounds
- Target Species Flowers and blueberries plants
- Organic granular for decreasing soils alkalinity; provides acid-loving plants with all-natural Sulphur.
- OMRI listed for organic gardening by USDA; Certified organic means no synthetic chemicals
- The ideal formula for Flowers and blueberries; turns Flowers from pink to blue; test soil pH before applying.
- Promotes darker Green growth; no harmful chemicals that could burn the plant
- Easy pour 6-pound bag; apply at planting, reapply 2-3 times a year to maintain desired soil pH.
The things that might bother you: Some users warn that it might damage the Flowers if mistaken.
3. EarthPods Premium Hibiscus & Tropical Flower Plant Food
If you’re looking for an organic fertilizer that’s easy to apply to your plants, EarthPods is a lovely alternative. This high-quality organic fertilizer was created primarily to feed hardy hibiscus and other tropical flowers.
Because these concentrated pods have a canister count of 100, no untidy measuring is required. EarthPods Premium Hibiscus & Tropical Flower Plant Food Spikes is a slow-release fertilizer spike that may give continual nourishment supply to your plumeria plants. The fertilizer will nourish your prized hibiscus plant while also rejuvenating farm soil by delivering the nutrients your plants and soil microbes demand.
EarthPods’ small, eco-friendly capsules actively promote root development and color vibrancy in potted hibiscus and other tropicals including bougainvillea, plumeria, bird of paradise, passionflower, and jasmine. Surprisingly, each fertilizer capsule includes a potent combination of trace minerals, naturally occurring microbes, organic plant nutrients, and humates.
This fertilizer is in the form of capsules and distributes nutrients into your plants every time you water them. EarthPods’ manufacturer takes pleasure in their product’s forest-earth-like quality. They employ organic ingredients, which is advantageous if you wish to cultivate plants sustainably.
- All-Purpose Formula
- Cactus & Succulent Formula
- Orchid & Bromeliad Formula
- Item Weight 4 Ounces
- Item Form Capsules
- Target Species Tropical flowers | Hibiscus | Bougainvillea | Plumeria | Anthurium | Bird of paradise
The things that might be bothering you: There is nothing wrong with this excellent fertilizer, but it can be an expensive approach to fertilize if you have a significant number of plants.
4. Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus Outdoor & Indoor
Magnesium and sulfur, two important secondary macronutrients, are also covered. Micronutrients include iron, zinc, molybdenum, boron, manganese, and copper. As a result, it is ideal for treating nutrient deficiency concerns in your soil. The Osmocote Smart-Release Plant Food Plus may be used to feed a wide variety of plants, including trees and flowers.
It contains 11 important elements that help your avocado’s root system and blossom development. It’s an ingenious, slow-release method that makes feeding your plants a breeze.
If used correctly, this fertilizer will do its job of slowly feeding your plants to their maximum potential. This fertilizer is easy to apply since, once sprinkled on the ground, the granules dissolve when water is applied, allowing nutrients to be absorbed quickly.
Plants release nutrients at a pace that corresponds to temperature changes while they are actively growing. This product provides a six-month supply of nutrients for your plants, which is a big benefit.
If you’re on a limited budget yet want to see your cherished pine trees grow faster, this is the product for you.
- Eleven essential nutrients are included in this formula.
- It’s effective with a wide range of plant species and cultivation circumstances.
- It provides six months’ worth of support for the facility.
- When utilized correctly, the plant will not burn.
The things that might be bothering you: Only after following a regular watering plan can nutrients be released.
5. Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Plant Food Spikes
One of our recommendations is Miracle-Gro Tree & Shrub Plant Food Spikes. Feeding fertilizer to your hydrangeas has never been easier. All you have to do is drive up the spikes once a season! You don’t have to manipulate them after they’re on the ground. Use once a season in the spring and fall on any leafy, perennial, flowering arbors for lush, beautiful foliage and vibrant color.
These simple peaks, which include natural nutrients, directly feed the roots where they are most needed by the trees. With their particular mix for long-term all-around plant food, your trees and shrubs may get up to three months of all the nutrients they need at the start of the growth season.
Its relatively high potassium content makes it an excellent product for flowering and fruiting plants and shrubs.
High potassium levels boost growth, fruit quality, dryness, and disease resistance. It contains organic elements such as plum and bone meal, earthworm castings, and aid; nevertheless, it does not include 100 percent pure organic fertilizers. This offers a good diet for the soil’s microbes. This, you see, slowly degrades for a nitrogen fertilizer that slows down for consistent growth.
They do their job slowly, giving and boosting the lovely nutrients to your plants. Water the soil before usage. The proper number of spikes should be hammered or pushed along the tree’s drop line. Each pack contains 12 spikes, however only one cap is provided. Please keep in mind that the cap is required to properly store the leftover spikes.
- Promotes vibrant color and lush foliage
- Contains natural ingredients
- Feed once per season in Spring and Fall
- Also great for use on evergreens and acid-loving plants
- Easy-to-use spikes release nutrients directly into the root zone to help promote strong trees and shrubs
The things that might be bothering you: Some customers have reported that this fertilizer does not have an inner seal to protect spikes during storage.
6. Miracle-Gro Water Soluble Azalea, Camellia, Rhododendron Plant Food
Miracle-Gro Water soluble plant food quickly delivers moisture and nutrients to your hydrangea. This water-soluble fertilizer, specifically formulated for acid-loving plants like Hydrangeas, feeds your plants for quickly healthier leaves and flowers. Because it feeds the plant’s roots, the result is immediate.
Miracle-extremely Gro’s effective chemical fertilizer is designed to fully nourish the leaves and roots and aid in their growth. Because the mixing might be complicated, this leaf fertilizer is the best approach to feed the plant.
The NPK 4 – 4,5 – 8 and ninth nutrition formulas help to keep the plant flowering. The spray motion creates a fine mist that moistens the leaf. The plant and potting mix are a simple and straightforward way to increase their food intake.
In addition to normal watering, spray around the floors, stalks, and soil once a week. However, you can use it for the best results if you use it for seven days in a row. The water-soluble fertilizer from the well-known Miracle-Gro brand is intended to provide adequate nutrition to acid-loving plants. This product feeds and acidifies the plant at the same time and is available in 1.5 pound, 4 lb, and 5 lb packs.
- Instantly feeds acid-loving plants for lush foliage and beautiful blooms
- Feed every 1-2 weeks
- Helps acid-loving plants such as azalea, camellia, gardenia, hibiscus, holly, hydrangea, Hydrangea, rhododendron, and many others thrive.
- Use with Miracle-Gro Garden Feeder or any watering can
- Feeds the roots promoting quick and beautiful results
The things that might bother you: As the product, many say If you have several hydrangeas to grow, do not go far.
7. Dr. Earth 703P Organic 4 Azalea/Camellia/Rhododendron Acid Fertilizer in Poly Bag
This fertilizer is perfect for maintaining a low pH and providing nutrients to citrus plants in pots, hydrangeas, and any other material that requires a high soil acidity soil. It has a nitrogen content of 3%, a phosphate content of 4%, and a potash content of 3%. Because of the NPK ratio, it has a higher phosphate level, and you know that phosphate is the key nutrient that helps enhance healthy and robust blooms.
Because it is made from an ultra-premium scientific recipe, it provides optimal amounts of multi-minerals, micronutrients, and other vital elements in plants. You can feed your prized azalea for at least three months with a four-pound bag, and you won’t have to worry about running out of food.
In the meantime, it is still thought that 100 percent organic products include no chemicals, GMOs, or other such items. Drought resistance was also improved, and nutrients were available for a long time during the season. Because of the quick nutrient release, the unique pro-biotic versions and 8 chosen endo mycorrhizae and Ecto strains are ideal for making a jump into plant development.
It may be used for extra nourishment during the growing season, but it is critical to feed the hydrangeas when they are newly planted. And there’s more good news: the whole amount was coated in nitrogen, with no urea nitrogen for slow release.
You won’t have to worry about improper fertilization if you feed this continuous release fertilizer.
- People and pets are immediately healthy leaves and blooms this safe when used as directed.
- Provides continuous feed for several months
- Available in a 4lb size
- Contains pro-biotic, seven champion strains of beneficial soil microbes plus ecto and endo mycorrhizae
- Makes soil more acidic; 100-percent natural and organic; superior buds and blooms
- Makes soil more acidic; 100-percent natural and organic; superior buds and blooms
The things that might bother you: Many say, as the product does not aim to hydrangea, the fertilizer might require nutrients to be added.
8. Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Fertilizer
This Jobe’s Organic product, created from feather and bone meals, has a variety of beneficial bacteria and fungi that assist nutrients reach the plants more efficiently.
Pre-measured Jobe’s Organics All-Purpose Fertilizer Spikes combine organic feather meal, bone meal, and potassium sulfate to nourish plants from the roots up. As a result, it improves the tree’s resilience to disease and insects.
In addition to protecting the plant, this combination of microorganisms improves soil conditions. It protects the soil against anything that might reduce its efficiency, such as insects or diseases. In this way, the plant and the ground are nourished for greater and better growth.
It’s a lovely way to begin! This is a quick-acting fertilizer that also helps to improve soil conditions in the long run. The most common conclusion appears to be that, although being high-quality organic spikes, they are inexpensive and provide a useful option for sustaining your flowers and plants.
- Compost can be used on various plants, including vegetables, flowers, trees, and fruits.
- It is a type of fertilizer in the form of granules.
- The exclusive Biozome contains the microbe “archaea.”
- Fertilizer that works quickly and breaks down the material quickly to speed up the outcomes.
- While the plants are growing, it aids in their resistance to pests, diseases, and dry conditions.
The things that might be bothering you: It doesn’t smell good.
You might be interested to read our another article of: How To Fix Overwatered Fiddle Leaf Fig?
- Question: How often should you fertilize fiddle leaf figs?
Answer: Plant food should be applied once a month from spring to autumn and quarterly from fall to spring. For proper fiddle-leaf fig care, water lightly with lukewarm water throughout the week to protect the plant container from drying out.
- Question: Is Epsom salt suitable for Fiddle Leaf Fig?
Answer: If magnesium shortage is the issue, water the plant with Epsom salt mixed in. Allow the plant to rest and gently clean the leaves with warm water.
- Question: Do fiddle leaf figs like coffee grounds?
Answer: When used sparingly, coffee grinds can be helpful to your fiddle leaf fig. It is beneficial when used as compost or liquid fertilizer, but it might be detrimental when applied directly. Excessive usage of coffee grounds can acidify the soil, resulting in root burn, stunted growth, and fungal issues.
- Question: Are banana peels suitable for fiddle leaf figs?
Answer: Yellowing on the margins of the leaves may indicate a potassium deficiency in your plant. Burying banana peels in the soil releases more of this nutrient as it decomposes, as well as tiny amounts of nitrogen and a few minerals.
So, what’s that review that you think of? We reviewed the top 8 Fiddle Leaf Fig fertilizers with a high filling rate and today’s most significant function. However, observe our concerns, in particular compatibility, before buying anybody from the list.
Please let us know your views, which are of significant importance to us.